General Manager – Manufacturing
Are you a General Manager with a background in manufacturing looking for a new challenge?
JMC Recruitment are currently working with a prestigious, reliable engineering group who are looking to add a General Manager to their capable manufacturing team.
This is a permanent role based in Bishops Stortford with an annual salary of circa £60,000
Reporting directly to the CEO you will be responsible for managing the smooth running of the site, maximising operating capacity and ensuring all customer expectations are met.
- Developing staff to maximize potential and have transferable skills as well as determining staff and facility requirements
- Monitoring staff performance including performance reviews if targets aren’t met
- Planning and implementing procedures/processes to maximize efficiency
- Being responsible for driving sales targets while insuring quality is maintained
- Addressing root cause to reduce scrap and reworks
- Working with management teams to ensure all departments are controlled and taking responsibility for divisional reporting to the CEO
- Controlling the work flow in order to meet delivery and drive DSA targets.
The successful General Manager will be able to demonstrate the below skills and attributes:
- Previous solid working knowledge within a manufacturing, fabrication, sheet metal environment, ideally within the Aerospace Industry
- Previous strong career history and experience within a management position
- Able to lead and motivate teams
- Proven experience of resource and production planning
- Lean Six Sigma qualification with experience in being able to implement continuous improvement techniques
- Experience in quality processes and problem solving
- Full right to work in the UK already in place.
If you think this is the role for you and you have the necessary skills and attributes please apply today or contact JMC Recruitment for more details.
Job Reference: 183658
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: