Are you a Purchasing Supervisor working within an aviation environment looking for a new challenge?
JMC Recruitment are currently seeking an experienced Purchasing Supervisor for a permanent role based in Stansted, paying £35,000 – £40,000 per annum
Reporting to the Materials Manager you will be directly responsible for the day to day running of the Purchasing function.
- Developing, implementing policies and procedures for Materials Purchasing and ensuring these are understood and adhered to.
- Ensuring that the interface between the hangar and Purchasing is maintained to an acceptable level and that all activities are carried out in accordance with relevant company and Health and Safety procedures.
- Purchasing a wide range of aircraft parts, materials and related equipment in line with operational procedures and requirements.
- Resolving and investigating supply chain errors and examining via root cause analysis
- Identifying new suppliers including discount structures and volume rebates.
- Ensuring staff are trained to the required standards and understand their job role.
- Carrying out of staff appraisals and raise any concerns with the Materials Manager.
- Optimising the Company’s investment in materials and parts ensuring that costs and expenditure are controlled within budget and seeking approval for any variance.
- Ensuring that orders for parts and supplies are only placed with approved suppliers, and assessment of supplier performance.
- Responsible for monitoring, on a monthly basis, the MSS data reports and for ensuring a system is in place to answer any queries raised by Customs and Excise. Ensuring that information which is incorrect is rectified within 2 months as directed by Customs and Excise.
The successful Purchasing Supervisor will be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience
- Strong previous working knowledge in a purchasing role within the Aviation industry
- Supervisory experience is essential
- Excellent organisation and communication skills
- Experience implementing and supporting continuous improvement
- Full right to work in the UK already in place.
If you think this is the role for you and you have necessary skills and attributes please apply today or contact JMC Recruitment for more details
Due to the high level of applications only successful shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For the opportunity JMC Recruitment Solutions Ltd is acting as an employment agency.
Job Reference: 183685
Salary per: Annum
Job Start Date: