Service Bulletin Author
JMC Recruitment are currently working with a global, key player in Aerospace Defence and Security who are looking to add an experienced Service Bulletin Author to their expanding team in Yeovil.
This is a temporary 18 month contract based in Yeovil starting as soon as possible.
You will be responsible for creating and working on modification/ service instructions on the AW101 for international customers.
Main duties include:
- Produce Technical Instructions as a consequence of airworthiness data from all areas of the business to manage the correct mitigating actions are controlled to ensure the customer base is informed in a timely manner of all airworthiness information and required corrective actions as appropriate.
- Maintain and as required liaise with all participants to successfully close the issuing of aircraft inspections or modification instructions to reduce the cost of ownership of the aircraft, and control the implementation of product enhancements.
- Manage your individual activities, its dependencies to ensure completion of the related tasks against priorities from an airworthiness perspective and aircraft delivery.
The successful Service Bulletin Author will be a proficient Technical Author who has experience producing Aerospace Industry Service Bulletins and Modifications Leaflets. You will need to demonstrate the ability to read engineering drawings and knowledge of aircraft operational requirements, service instructions and aircraft repairs.
Qualifications/ Key Skills and Experience needed:
- Knowledge of Air Publication specifications e.g. ASD Spec 1000D, MilSpec1388 LSAR, DADS, DAvP 70/77, ATA02/90, ATA100, etc.
- An understanding of Airworthiness and Flight Safety regulations and requirements.
- Knowledge of technical authoring and production tools e.g. Framemaker, Eagle Publishing System (EPS) and CAPS2000.
- Excellent understanding of Helicopter products and engineering drawings.
- Educated to at least HNC level or equivalent in a relevant aviation related subject. Alternatively, to have completed a recognised engineering apprenticeship followed by a period of employment in all aspects of aircraft maintenance and overhaul, sufficient to gain the necessary practical experience for the job role.
- Aircraft engineering and/or aircraft Technical Publications experience
- Keyboard skills, a working knowledge of computers and computer system applications.
If you think this is the role for you and you have the necessary skills and attributes please apply today or contact JMC Recruitment for more details.
Please note that we are only able to consider application from candidates who have full right to work in the UK and EU.
Job Reference: 183436
Salary per: Zero
Job Duration: 18 months
Job Start Date: ASAP